Monday, October 19, 2009

Dinner in 10 Minutes




No joke.

It took 10 minutes to prepare dinner tonight.

On the menu: Smoked Salmon Salad.

Yes, I am blessed with a husband who does not require mass quantities of steak and potatoes for dinner to be dinner.

Normally, on Monday nights, I’m dining alone – at about 9:30 p.m. or so. My last student leaves at 9:15.

But tonight is no ordinary Monday, my friends. Tonight is Game 4 of the National League Baseball Playoffs, so Husband somehow got all his work done and was in his manly leather chair by first pitch.

I know my salad is not very baseball-esque in style and stature, but Mark is going to the game on Wednesday so I’m sure he’ll get his fill of hotdogs and beer courtesy of Citizens Bank Park.

Tonight, he was served something a bit more high brow.

Smoked salmon seems so fancy pants, right?

I actually pick it up right at the SuperFresh five minutes from mi casa.

Oh, the glamour.

Goat Cheese Toasts accompanied the Smoked Salmon Salad. The salmon tastes so delish on top of the toasts. Highly recommend.

So, with that I leave you: Bon appetite and kick L.A.’s ass, Phillies!!!!!

Smoked Salmon Salad with Goat Cheese Toasts

Note: Let smoked salmon and goat cheese sit out at room temperature for about 30 minutes.

Toasts:
Half a baguette, sliced
Your favorite goat cheese

Lightly toast baguette in a toaster oven or under your oven’s broiler until golden brown. Spread with goat cheese. (Tough recipe, I know.)

Salad:
1 6. oz package of smoked salmon
3 cups of mesclun mix, aka salad greens
¼ red onion, chopped
1 Tbsp. capers
½ cup celery, chopped
Juice of ½ lemon
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste

In a salad bowl, combine mesclun, onion, capers, celery, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss lightly. Place on serving plates and arrange salmon and goat cheese toasts alongside.

No comments:

Post a Comment