Sunday, May 16, 2010

Somethin' Saucy

I had an open jar of roasted red peppers hanging around the refrigerator, so the time had come to do something about it.

Fortunately, a little research and rescue on the Food Network Web site brought me the most fabulous recipe for Roasted Red Pepper Sauce ever.

I sauted some regular old chicken breasts and topped them with the sauce.

You can use this sauce on grilled meats as well. It would also taste fab on a little pasta.

The recipe instructs you to make the sauce in your blender, but I used my Cuisinart food processor, because my blender has issues. Basically, it smells like it’s burning each time I use it.

Awesome!

Guess, it’s time for that puppy to go. It had a seven-year run. It was a bridal shower gift. I think I need to upgrade to a much more fabulous non-burning model. I have my eye on this one:



Love it in cinnamon. I decided that all my appliances, gadgets and gizmos from this day forward will not be white.

You can make the sauce ahead and just reheat it when it’s dinner time. So it's good for all you time-strapped peeps.



Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
By Robin Miller

1 cup roasted red peppers (from water-packed jar)

1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

In a blender, combine the red peppers, broth, vinegar, and oil and process until smooth. Transfer mixture to a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, partially cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the basil. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Let come to room temperature and store in a plastic container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 3 months.

2 comments:

  1. This look delish. I am adding this to my list of chicken dishes to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suze! I've missed looking at your awesome looking dishes! Say hi to the hubby for me!

    ReplyDelete