Monday, October 21, 2019

Green Goddess Crudite

Holiday and party season is just around the corner, and we always need a good dip and crudité situation for happy hour, no?

Well, that's what I tell myself. Bright, colorful veggies liven up any get together, in my opinion.

So I'm giving you this Basil Green Goddess Dressing recipe. Whenever I make I, the young and old rave about its loveliness. So, get on it! I like this because it truly is a salad dressing recipe so it doesn't feel overtly heavy  as a dip. It's a thinner consistency, which I love.

It's a Barefoot Contessa recipe, so you know it's amazing. Serve with whatever veggies you like. My fam usually grooves on peppers, carrots, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, scallions and celery.



Basil Green Goddess Dressing
From "Barefoot Contessa at Home"
By Ina Garten 

1 cup good mayonnaise
1 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts (6 to 7 scallions)
1 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
2 tsp. chopped garlic (2 cloves)
2 tsp. anchovy paste
1 cup sour cream
Salt and pepper to taste

Place the mayonnaise, scallions, basil, lemon juice, garlic, anchovy paste, salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the sour cream and process just until blended. (If not using immediately, refrigerate the dressing until ready to serve.)

Serve with your favorite cut-up veggies such as carrots, celery, cucumbers, bell peppers, radishes, broccoli, scallions, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment