Wednesday, January 22, 2020

A Little Prep Ahead

I'm all about getting her done the night before. My lists. My prep. My dinner. People are always asking me when do I do it all? When do I cook?

A nightowl by nature, I cook and meal prep off the clock for din on wackadoo hours - like 10 p.m. or 10 a.m. Then The Husband just reheats it so he and the kiddo can eat a nice plate while I'm working.

These Lemon and Herb Roasted Tenderloins are a dish I put together the night before. The marinade can be made right in the pan that is used for roasting the tenderloins. I use my good ole' Pyrex, but any type will do. I then bake it first thing in the morning so that its ready for my fam.

The marinade is great with both pork and turkey tenderloins. Pork tenderloin is easier to find in the store as turkey tenderloin is a newer item on the market. You can find them in the poultry case hanging out with the chickens if your store has them, which mine sometimes does and sometimes doesn't. A package of turkey tenderloin is usually two pieces so I buy two packs for these measurements. One package of pork tenderloin usually equals about 2.5 to 3 pounds. It is usually two pieces. So, I buy one package of pork tenderloin for these measurements.

These are great with rice or your basic baked potato. And of course some veggies! My pics today show the turkey tenderloins:



Lemon and Herb Roasted Tenderloins
(Makes four to six servings)

2.5 - 3 pounds of turkey or pork tenderloins

Marinade ingredients:
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tsp. dried thyme
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
3 Tbsp. olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

In a baking dish large enough for your tenderloins, add all of the marinade ingredients. Whisk together. Place the tenderloins in the pan and coat with the marinade. Cover dish with aluminum foil. Place prepared dish in your refrigerator. Marinate for at least 8 hours or over night.



When you are ready to cook the tenderloins, preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. For turkey: cook uncovered in oven for 45-55 minutes. For pork: Cook covered for 40 minutes. Uncover and cook for 10 minutes more.

Remove from oven and cover with foil. Let rest for 10 minutes. Serve with potatoes or rice and your favorite veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment