Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Fancy Lunch: Smoked Salmon Wraps

Now this is a perfect lunch.



My smoked salmon wraps are just what a girl needs for mid-day grazing by the pool, preferably with a champagne or spritzer in hand. But usually for moi it's just a good ole bottle of H2O.

I gave up lunch meats for Lent this year, and I have been really holding to it well past the 40 days of my vow to give up a lil somethin' somethin. It forces me to get more creative in the kitchen, and it is ridding my life of excess salt which in turn gives me positive energy and fantastic body feelings, so I'm staying with the no lunch meat thang.

If you are a meal prepper, you could totally make a stash of these wraps for the week. Letting them sit in the fridge lets them hold up better.

The smoked salmon works beautifully with the chives and cucumber and arugula. And I love the color!

I used whipped cream cheese for its ideal spreading capabilities. If you are using regular old cream cheese, just make sure you let it sit out to get to room temp.


Smoked Salmon Wrap
Serves 1 fabulous person

1 large tortilla (plain, spinach, whole wheat) (49 grams)
2-3 Tbsp. whipped cream cheese
1 tsp. chopped chives
4 slices (2 oz.) thinly sliced smoked salmon
6-8 thin cucumber slices
1/2 cup baby arugula

On one side of the tortilla, spread whipped cream cheese with a spreader or butter knife. Sprinkle evenly with chives. Place smoked salmon slices atop the cream cheese and chives.







Arrange cucumber slices on top of the smoked salmon, spacing out evenly. Place arugula on top of the cucumber slices.





Roll up into a log. Cut in half. Chill for thirty minutes and enjoy!



Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment